Monday, July 18, 2011

TMI TMI TMI

So, pregnancy. Usually represented by softly-focused and warmly-lit pictures of beatific maternal types, gently cradling their round bellies while smiling a secret smile.

For me, it's been more like this:

Without the rainbow joy!

Seriously, I have worked out that I've thrown up more in the past month than I have thrown up in 26 years (I can't vouch for the first 5 years of my life... I'm pretty sure I was there, but have no memory of it). 

Pregnancy is a wonderful teacher, and today's lesson was that there are different shades of puking--one is basic heaving, which I've been doing proficiently for the past few weeks; and the other is projectile vomiting, which I managed for the first time today--luckily into the toilet bowl. *pats self on back*

For those who also undergo this unfortunate experience, I recommend a makeshift neti pot and cotton ear buds (inserted somewhere besides your ears), because your sense of smell is worth rescuing!

2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself Wendy. Lots of pamperin' for you!

    ReplyDelete